Let’s face it, news that politicians lie is nothing new. Liberal Democrat leader and spineless political shape-shifter of no fixed ideology, Nick Clegg conned many before the election with his oily slickness during the nations first televised TV debates. Little by little the carefully constructed façade of earnest integrity, of a reasonable man who like the Danish prince, agonises with his conscience over ‘big decisions’ has been reduced to rubble. The mask has well and truly slipped to reveal a shallow fraudster with no scruples whose lack of veracity is matched only by his naked hunger for power. To wit, he really is a fucking cock-ring.
Nick Clegg before the election:
Nick Clegg after the election:
“”This is an extraordinarily difficult issue… We have stuck to the wider ambition that going to university is done in a progressive way”
In other words
Which induced a not very chastened Nick the Prick to say-
“You need to be careful. I should have been more careful perhaps in signing that pledge at the time.”
But wait !! Apparently, the Liberal Democrats were already drawing up plans to discard Nick Clegg’s flagship policy to scrap university tuition fees two months before the general election. Pity they didn’t let on to the people who voted for his pre election pledges eh ? And they call it democracy?
Nick, you see can be anyone you want him to be…whenever it suites
- The Lib Dem betrayal, part 74 (newstatesman.com)
- Student tuition fees protests: Nick Clegg says he regrets signing pre-election pledge not to increase fees (telegraph.co.uk)
- Nick Clegg: I should have been more careful in signing tuition fees pledge (guardian.co.uk)
- Clegg Faces Questions After Fees Revelation (news.sky.com)
- As the demonstrators denounce him, Nick Clegg suffers his worst half-hour in the Commons since becoming Deputy Prime Minister (telegraph.co.uk)
- Nick Clegg suffers his worst half-hour in the Commons since becoming Deputy Prime Minister (telegraph.co.uk)